Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Works in Progress - well we all have a few of those piled in our sewing rooms I'm sure.  I seem to work on one type of project for awhile and then jump to another.  I like to keep mixing things up so I don't get bored. (like that would ever happen).. 
I just finished up a couple small quilts with a FireFighter theme.  Our family is quite involved in the volunteer fire service in our town.  Would you believe we have Blue firetrucks!   So when I saw these panels at a quilt shops going out of business sale I scooped them up.  I combined the main panel with some other fabric in my stash and I think they turned out pretty cute.   I can't say they are perfect for a little boy - because my daughter is the first one out the door when that siren goes off.  So they are a great childs quilt.  

 
 
  

Today is a warm blustery day in the mid-atlantic.  Tomorrow ol'man winter will be back with a vengance! They always say if you don't like the weather here - wait til tomorrow it will change. And that is so true.   Hope everyone stays safe with the storms moving east.
Linked with Lee at   http://www.freshlypieced.com/ 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the theme. My son-in- law is a former fire fighter. I have made him several pillowcases with that theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great panel to find! It turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete