Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's Wednesday already!  It has been a busy week - the Groundhog has predicted an early spring, the Ravens won the Superbowl and we celebrated my hubby's birthday yesterday with a trip to the Japanese steak house (which is always a fun time).     Today I've gotten back to work on some little Valentine gifts I need to finish up before the weekend.
 
I made a couple Heart Applique Towels a couple weeks ago and today I'm putting together some Felt Heart Pillows.   
 
Here is a cute one I saw on Pinterest and gave me some ideas.. 
Pretty love woven heart pillow by annakrycz via Etsy
 
 
I had some red wool felt in my stash so I searched around the house to find a good heart shape.  Turns out these heart napkins I've had forever worked perfectly.  So I traced them on the felt & cut out.
 
 
Last week when I visited http://needles-n-pins.com/ (my fav local quilt shop) I found this gray linen fabric.  Now since I have it home under the light it looks alittle more brown, but it will be  fine.   I decided on a small 8" x 10" pillow size. Perfect for bedtop or on a nice chair. 
 

 
So, I have cut my hearts out & used a fusible to adhere to the linen. Then machine blanket stitched around the heart.  I pinned the front & back together & stitched around (yes all the way around) and then realized I hadn't put the stuffing in the pillow.  good grief.
So I pulled out a little on the bottom & stuffed the pillow & re-stitched.
I unraveled the edges a bit to give it a different look. 
 
 
Here is a picture of the finished project.   I have to make 3 more for the weekend but they will go smoother than the first. 
I guess that makes it a Finish It Up Wednesday too! 
 
I've linked with http://www.freshlypieced.com/.  Always so much fun to see what others are working on.  Such great ideas out there.
 
Wow I can certainly see I need to use my 'real' camera from now on instead of my Android.  Certainly makes a difference.   And just a word from a Newbie Blogger - be sure to Save your work before you walk away to answer the phone.  I think I did the beginning of this post 2 or 3 times.   Lessons learned.   
 
Any other good tips for a Newbie? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Cute little heart pillow! I also have to remember to save AND close my laptop because my kitty has been known to walk on keyboards and add her own perspective to the post. ;)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving me such a kind comment about my fusion crochet squares. :)

    ReplyDelete