Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Beautiful Sunny Tuesday

Today is a beautiful sunny day in the Mid-Atlantic.  It is about 45 with no wind.
This spring has been quite a mix bag of weather & this week will be no different.
Tomorrow we are expecting 8-12 inches of snow...   I am really over the snow & cold weather. Come on spring!



This is a picture of a Helleborus Lenten Rose... in my little flower bed.  They are just starting to peek through.  They are  the first plant to bloom in my shady garden. And are very hardy and provide nice green foliage throughout the summer.  When the weather gets nicer I will trim back the dead growth from last year and glossy new leaves will fill in the area.  
 
 
                                
    Another picture of a hellebore bloom.  Many people like to clip the flowers and float in a shallow dish.  http://www.hellebores.org/hellebores.html   


 
Here is another picture of my flower bed on this nice sunny day.  We will check back in with Garden Elf tomorrow and see if he survived the pending snow.
 
I have several things on my sewing To Do list for tomorrow.  It will be a good day to sit inside and watch the snow from my sewing room.   
 
Take Care...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment